Senior Software Engineer C++/AI
- Development of next generation of AI platforms and applications
- Join a highly skilled software team
- Melbourne CBD/Carlton
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to work at the forefront of AI and autonomous systems in Australia, competing directly with companies worldwide in robotics and intelligent systems. Join an elite software development team building the next generation of joint cognitive human/machine teams based on combining “top-down” AI (intelligent software agents) and “bottom-up” deep learning and machine vision technologies.
We are seeking someone with technical strength and a flair for innovation. You will be resourceful and able to work as part of a world-leading team based in Melbourne, including university collaborators.
This role will suit someone ambitious, versatile, and keen to take on more responsibility. As the company expands, it offers rapid professional development and a career path within AOS.
Your major responsibilities will be:
- Mentoring a dynamic, cross-disciplined, agile team to provide software expertise.
- Software systems design using both traditional OO and agent-oriented software engineering.
- Writing high-quality C++ (17) code with documentation.
- Designing and implementing software agents in both simulation and robotics.
- Help lead the team in deploying and testing both prototype and production systems.
- Working closely with academics to implement the latest research.
We are seeking someone with at least 5 years of relevant experience who possesses leadership capabilities, as well as technical strength and a flair for innovation. You will be resourceful and able to inspire a world-leading team based in Melbourne, including university collaborators.
The following will be highly regarded:
- Understanding of modern software architecture and patterns.
- Understanding of AI systems.
- Degree in a software engineering-related field.
- Development experience in other languages, such as Rust or Python.
- Experience working with Game Engines and Simulation.
- Understanding of event-driven and multi-threaded applications.
- Experience in implementing distributed systems.
- Australian Citizenship, or eligibility for a National Security Clearance.
The position requires some domestic and international travel, both to customer sites and to support testing and trials.